New in Version 12 Desktop
Last Updated a year ago
Version 12 has been released! This latest version has many new features and improvements. You may be eligible for a free update if your subscription or support contract is current.
New Features in the Desktop Interface include:
New Features in the Desktop Interface include:
- Sort by training title or training number on all screens and reports.
- Expire training in days or months.
- "Due By" date and grace period before employees need to complete each training.
- Each training must have a unique ID number. If you don't have one, the program will assign one.
- Separate records by location. Include training that is only required for a specific location, and limit users to only view one location (a location license is required to limit users to only one location.).*
- Completion date validation does not allow future dates to be entered.
- Updated Parent/Child function for better performance.*
- Select which screen shows by default for the training detail screen.
- Exams are available online 30 days before the training expires.
- Job Title History is recorded any time job titles change.*
- See a list of subordinates under each employee from the employee detail screen.*
- See if each required training is required for their job title, department, or individually.
- See if an employee has completed required training for any job title.*
- Each employee must have a unique ID number. If you don't have one, the program will assign one.
- Select which screen shows by default for the employee detail screen.
- Revert to a previous revision number, and more control over editing revisions.
- Revisions may be imported from Excel®.
- When you edit the revision, the release date is automatically updated.
- If you don't require re-training for the next revision, but you do for a later revision, all previous revision completions will be expired.
- When entering completions, you may only select from existing revisions.
- Schedule multi-day classes.*
- When you schedule a class and add the start time, the end time is automatically calculated.
- When you add a completion for an employee that was enrolled in a class for that date, the class is automatically marked as completed.
- View classes scheduled and classes completed in separate windows.
- When enrolling employees as a group, enrollment is limited by room capacity.
- Enter completions by scanning in barcodes from sign-in sheets or employee badges.
- Now you may import new revisions and automatically update the training record and indicate if re-training is required.
- Displays the imported records for confirmation.
- When importing training records, the records are matched by training number. If you don't have numbers, they will be retrieved from the database, or assigned.
- When importing employee records, the records are matched by ID number. If you don't have ID numbers, they will be retrieved from the database, or assigned.
- Added filters screen out data with errors.
- Import a new supervisor at the same time as a new employee, and the supervisor will be populated to the employee record.
- Automatically send notices to employees, supervisors, and/or a list of recipients for:
- Training due within a specified number of days. Repeat notices after a specified interval if not completed.
- Training scheduled
- Reminder of training scheduled within a specified number of days
- Monthly notices of training due the next 31 days sent on a specified day each month
- Print reports for Letter or A4 size paper.
- Filter reports by topic, or only show favorites on the report menu.
- Logos now configured centrally to show on all reports.
- Requirement source reports now list the specific source.
- Report filter now includes "Is Null", "Is Not Null", and "Not Equal to" as filtering options for any field.
- New Reports:
- Class Attendance by Date
- Completed by Department Average Hours
- Due by Supervisor
- Employee Job Titles
- Employee Roster by Department
- Employee Roster of Inactive Employees
- Exceptions by Employee
- Exceptions by Training
- Job Titles and Employees
- Job Title History
- Job Title History by Employee
- Required Training by Employee with Source
- Requirements for Each Employee by Source
- Status by Requirement Source
- Status by Supervisor
- Users associated with inactive employees are locked out.
- Passwords must be 8 characters, and can't be re-used.
- Assign users to a specific location or all locations (an additional location license is required for each location assigned).*
- Easily search the list of users.
- "Add-as-a-group" data is now stored locally to avoid crossing data in a shared environment.
- Section 508 Compliance: Controls have been designed for use with a screen reader.
- Primary screens are locked from editing by default to prevent accidental editing. Easily switch to edit mode when you need to edit.
- More search options.
- More data entry validation to avoid errors, null records, or duplicate data.
- Prevents you from entering duplicate items for department, job title, shift, class location, employee type, training type, or user lists.
- You can choose a DSN-less connection, or the traditional connection to your back-end database. The DSN-less connection offers better performance and easier setup, and eliminates the need to have a full version of Access®.*
- The new dashboard screen provides information at a glance.
- An MS Office®-style Ribbon has been added for convenience.
- Null values are not allowed in identifying fields (such as Last Name, Training Name, lookup list entries, etc.).
- An "x" is available for all record deletions.
- Receive a warning that identifies the specific record you are about to delete before deleting it, to avoid deleting the wrong record.